Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The chicken wire and saran wrap tornado.

Hi all, I want to share this new technique I learned using saran wrap. The most fun was to use this technique is to do an arm or body. But it can be done with anything. Wrap your arm and fingers with saran wrap several times. Then cover over the saran wrap with clear packaging tape to make it stronger and rigid. Then when it is all covered and looks the way you want it, then you get some scissors and cut the whole length of the arm so you can get your arm out. Then you have a perfect replica of an arm. Alot of people will seal up the arm and fill it with plaster of paris. Once it's dry you cut away the saran and tape and you have a great arm shape to use for a project. This can be done with anything - sky's the limit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori,
    Found my way here via your interview in 'cloth and clay dolls'. The blog is looking good!

    Could you just clarify for me is Saran wrap the clear food wrap ( I think it's what we call 'cling film' in the Uk, but I just want to make sure I have the right stuff!
    Jules:)

    ReplyDelete